Congratulations on your new bundle of squishiness! Thank you so much for choosing Frozen Photography to document this important time in your little baby’s life!!
• The best time to have newborn photos done by is 3 weeks old.
o It is certainly not impossible after 3 weeks old, just may limit the poses that baby will allow us to do (bendiness & sleepiness)
• Please prepare baby, in the 10-12 hours before your session, by lots of feedings. A full baby is usually a sleepy and happy baby.
• Feed baby right before your session, if you would like to feed baby at the studio please let me know.
• Dress baby in loose fitting, zip up, PJs to avoid lines and allow for an easy and smooth transition if baby is asleep.
o Please no onesies as they tend to cause more baby movement which may cause baby to wake
• Try to keep baby awake a few hours until shortly before the session allowing baby to be very tired and sleepy at the session (bath, play time, songs, etc)
• If nursing be prepared for feedings during the session (don’t worry boobies are boobies, I got em too!)
• If bottle feeding be prepared with bottles/formula/breast milk
• If pumping, feel free to pump at any time, if you would like a different room I have one available – no problem!
• Have pacifier ready if you are using one to help soothe baby
• Be sure to bundle baby really well in the winter to avoid baby waking with the wind/cold
• Be prepared for at least 2 hours for your session (full sessions only); likely more like 3 or 4… bring snacks, phone/charger, etc. to keep entertained.
• The room will be very, very warm to accommodate a naked baby, please dress yourself accordingly (at least 80 degrees)
• Please bring a change of clothes for yourself if doing parent posing, sometimes poop, spit up, milk happens!
• Be prepared, pooping may happen. It is OK! No need to be embarrassed. All fabrics are washed with baby detergent after each session any way!
• Remember that baby runs the show – if he/she is fussy try to stay relaxed, baby can sense your stress! Remember, we have plenty of time!
• Know that processing of images takes about 2-3 weeks for all final images. If you would like to purchase fast processing there is an additional fee. Special accommodations may be made for 1-2 pictures to be processed sooner, please be sure to communicate this early on.
I’m looking forward to seeing you soon! Samantha